June 25, 2020
Meal Distribution Will Continue Through July and August
See highlighted distribution dates and times for Thursday before Fourth of July Holiday– 7/2/20
Iroquois School District is committed to providing access to nutritious meals to school students during the mandated school closing. The details of meal distribution are noted below. Please look for updated information on the District website daily.
- Bagged Breakfast & Lunch meals will be available for pickup from 9:00 to 11:00 am on the dates noted:
- Iroquois Jr./Sr. High School – Pull up to the tent in the back circle driveway at the Community Lobby/Gym entrance
- Wesley United Methodist Church Food Pantry (South and Station Rd.) – Beginning Wednesday, March 18th - Follow the parking lot signs to the school district van, which is serving as the distribution site.
- Meal distribution the week of the Fourth of July holiday will take place on Tuesday June 30h from 9 am – 11 am and Thursday, July 2nd from 11 am – 1 pm to allow staff time to pack meals. Meal distribution the next week will resume with the Tuesday and Friday schedule at the normal time, from 9 am – 11 am at both locations. Tuesday distribution will include breakfast and lunch for 3 days – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Friday distribution will include breakfast and lunch for 4 days – Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Meal distribution will continue through the summer until school opens in August.
- Parents and student drivers are to remain in their cars and AmeriCorps volunteers will bring the meals to you.
- Walkers may also be served. For your safety, please stay clear of the driving lanes. Students may not congregate at the site after meal pick-up.
- Children DO NOT need to be present to pick up the meals ( temporary change to minimize potential exposure)
- Number of meals given will be based on number of children in the household
- Open to any child 18 years & younger.
- Do not have to attend Iroquois School District.
Questions? Please contact Denise Pyle, 814-899-7643 ext. 1306